Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Perfect Day

We are having such a great day. Angelgirl has been dying to play in a pool, so we went to the grocery store to pick one out. We looked at all the different options and discussed the pros and cons of each different model. Angelgirl finally picked out her perfect pool and bought it all by herself.

We have taken up residence outside - Angelgirl in the pool and me underneath the shade tree. Giggles and splashes fill the back yard. The laughter is only interrupted by cries of,"Mommy, watch me! Mommy, look at this!"




Even the dog is content.

Who would have thought that this would be my perfect day? I'm not drinking margaritas on the beach, sailing in the Caribbean, or climbing a mountain. Nevertheless, I am blissfully happy. Listening to the love of my life lose herself in joy lightens my soul. She reminds me how important it is to live in the moment. She urges me to forget the tasks yet to be done and the mistakes of the past and find joy in this utterly perfect moment.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Funny... I had a day a couple of days ago that I called Bliss... and it looked much like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a day like this just comes out of nowhere...unplanned...simple yet blissful.
    I love your blog...so glad I found it and I'm enjoying skipping back through your older post to see what I've been missing.

    ReplyDelete