Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Walking with my Angel

Every morning we take our beagle for a walk. For a while, Angelgirl was riding her bike while the dog and I walked. The last few days, however, she has decided to take her baby for a walk in her toy stroller. It is a little bittersweet for me. It seems like I should still be pushing her in the stroller, but I digress.

Now I love my Angelgirl. I love everything about her. I love that she notices every squirrel, rabbit, and ant while we walk. I love that she notices which flowers have bloomed since our last walk. I love that she stops to let every single roly-poly pass in front of her so she won't accidentally run over him. I love that taking a quick walk around the block with Angelgirl means planning on being gone for at least 45 minutes while my poor dog nearly chokes himself from trying to keep us moving. Most of all, I love that I can take the time to let her explore her world without having to rush her. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment