Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Imaginary Lives


So in theory, I should be almost through with Week One in the Artist's Way. One of the tasks for this week asks this question:

If you had five other lives to lead, what you you do in each of them?



I would be a fire dancer and rejoice in all that is elemental. Spinning ecstatically, feeling the heat pierce the darkness, moving to the rhythm of the earth.

I would be a nomad and travel the earth. Constantly learning and continually seeking the universal truths.

I would be a musician and lose my individuality by joining in a communal birthing of a symphony conceived a hundred years ago.

I would be a chef and create food from the heart that feeds the heart and provides the sustenance needed to change the world.

I would be a pilot and soar above the earth, lost in an endless blue and gray sky, flying with the gods.

What would you do in your five imaginary lives?




3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I was just poking around our Artist Way website, delaying actually reading the book or doing any morning pages, and stumbled across this.

    This is by far the most imaginative and interesting and poetic answer I've ever seen to the "5 other lives" question. Lovely, I would like to join you in the first 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your imaginary lives sound so magical. A nomad would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your response to the five lives exercise. This is my favorite yet. You write so evocatively! Beautiful post.

    And I hope you do get to do a fire dance. I've never even heard of such a thing, but now I want to witness one!

    ReplyDelete