Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wishcasting Wednesday

Every Wednesday, Jamie Ridler encourages us to wish big. Wishing is a skill I think we often lose as adults. Children have no problem wishing, and they wish BIG. Kids don’t wish for a better job or a better body; they wish for castles and dragons and rockets to the moon. When we grow up, we start analyzing our wishes and we stop wishing for the magical, impractical, and joyous. At least I did. I’m ready for a change, though. I want to wish BIG, so here is the wishcast for today and my BIG wish:

WHAT DOOR DO YOU WISH TO OPEN?




I wish to open the door to all that is magical and mysterious. I wish to open the door for my younger self to express wonder in the little things: the road runner running through the yard, the shape of a lone cloud floating across the sky, the flowers that keep blooming despite withering heat and unending drought. I wish to believe in the magical with the faith and determination of a child, and I wish to close the door on my own cynicism.

2 comments:

  1. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Stefanie!
    I so agree with you. We loose so much when we loose the wonder of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm having an ongoing struggle with my own cynicism, and you put this wish so beautifully. Thank you for that.

    As you wish for yourself, so too do I wish for you! (And I wish it for me, too! : ))

    ReplyDelete