Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wishing . . .

Every Wednesday, Jamie Ridler encourages us to cast our wishes out into the universe. This week she asks, "What do you wish to complete?"

Can you here my maniacal laughter? If I were to list all of the things I want to complete, I would spend the rest of the day completing that list. However, two items on that list stand out above the rest.

First of all, I want to complete a short story I've been writing in fits and spurts. I've been messing with it for a while, but I'm feeling a bit defeated by it. I seem to be quite good at writing snapshots; it's the big picture that gives me trouble. Anyway, I just want to finish it so I can move on to something else.

Now for the big one. I wish to have the courage to bring a rather important relationship in my life to completion. It is a relationship that does not nurture me, nor do I think it is nurturing the other person. I think we both feel stuck, but we stay because that is what people do. Because completing the relationship will be messy and painful. Because we are afraid. Because it will affect the one person we both love beyond words. So, I wish to have the strength to address this issue in the most compassionate and loving way possible. I think that is all I am prepared to say about this for now.

Wishing can be a dangerous thing, because sometimes you get what you wish for. What do you wish to complete today?

13 comments:

  1. As Stefanie wishes for herself, I wish for her also.
    Yup hear the laughing,it's going hon here too - giggle snort.
    Seriously..what a powerful and honest wish hon!! So deeply hard and painful for all!! Breathe and let go...Namaste, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big wish. I've been there. It's a painful ride but if you know deep down that it is for the best for all concerned then it's one you have to take. Good luck. And, write the story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her.
    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also Stefanie! Courage is a good thing to have on your side...so is the smarts to see what's ahead!

    Peace,
    WRO

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very deep and profound wish. I wish that however the wish is answered for you that you have the courage and strength to deal with it's aftermath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Stefanie wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    And the strength to do what must be done, it may be painfull, but you will manage, I'm sure!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you have strength to make your wish come true! As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I also wish for her. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Stefanie wishes for herself I so completely wish for her as well...

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also. What a powerful wish, and I feel how bittersweet. I think a lot of us are there - and you wish for more than just you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. thank you for sharing your heartfelt wishes with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending you some strength and love as you find completion and relief. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    Wishing you strenght and clear vision to see the best path for you two.

    ReplyDelete