Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Free Spirit

We hear a lot about spirit this time of the year - the spirit of Christmas, the spirit of giving and such. Yet, how many of us take the time to think about our own spirit? Today, Wish-mistress Jamie Ridler asks us to reflect on our spirit by asking, "What is your spirit wishing for?"


Hmm. I have been mulling over this for a few hours, which tells me that I am woefully out of touch with my spirit. Finally, I just asked her, "What do you want?"

Here is her response:



I want to be set free.
I am tired of being kept like a prized possession
locked away in a box and taken out only on special occasions
when you reflect on who you used to be.

I wish to be released from the prison you've created for me.
I am tired of hiding so that you can pretend
that you are satisfied with what we used to have.
Don't you wonder what we could once again be?

I want you to open my cage and liberate me.
I want to howl at the moon and dance naked around a fire.
I want to be the fire and the music and the wind in the trees.
I wish for you to give me the freedom to let me be me.


Wow. What might happen if you let your spirit free? What does your spirit wish today?

Peace and goodness to you.


16 comments:

  1. Your words are incredibly powerful. I had to read them over and over! As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so having a bit of technical difficulities this morning..so sorry for the 2 removed comments...

    ~as Stephani wishes for her spirit to be freed, unlocked from its hidden cage so i wish for her also...may your spirit soar, may it dance freely and swirl into the unknown~

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Stefanie wishes for herself so I wish for her also.. I HEAR you wish sister! Your Spirit is speaking loud and clear to you. Set yourself free and fly high!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Stefanie wishes for herself so I wish for her also.

    Super powerful! Yes, may your spirit be free like the wild wolves of the deep winter forest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    May your spirit run and dance free

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Wow, great post! Very thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that image! The wolf used to be so important to me, and now I am afraid to think about the person I was when that was true. So much happened!

    As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. as Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! May your spirit be set free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May your spirit be set free & your soul set on fire:)
    As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Stefanie,

    What a great idea to ask your spirit! She certainly gave you an amazing answer. Profound. So many people feel caged these days. Key is to summon up the courage to let yourself out. It's hard when you've been couped up for so long. Perhaps open the door a little wider each day?

    I wish for you to be completely free!
    Giulietta the Muse
    http://www.giuliettathemuse.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh...sounds like you're more in tune than you had originally thought...
    Beautiful, powerful words....expressing what so many of us can not. Thank you.

    Seems most of us today are wishing for similar things. I'm ready Girls; let's bust loose and FLY!

    As Stephanie wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful words.

    as stephanie wishes for herself, so i wish for her also. be free!

    ReplyDelete