Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Stillness of the Season


Well, here we are. Two days before Christmas. If you are anything like me, you are spinning around like a whirling dervish trying to finish shopping, wrapping presents, baking all those yummy things that you only make this time of year, and stuffing all of your crap in various closets or even appliances so that your visiting friends and family will not think you a total failure when it comes to housework. (You can hide a lot of crap in the washing machine.) It is the most wonderful time of the year.

When I read the Wishcasting question today, I was once again amazed at Wish Mistress Jamie Ridler's ability to ask just the right question at just the right time. Always deceptively simple, her questions always seem to get to the heart of the matter. Today she asks, "What do you wish for this holiday season?"

Stillness. I wish for stillness. I wish to stop rushing about trying to meet deadlines, clean the house, do the shopping and the cooking, trying to make those happy holiday memories come hell or high water - rush, rush, rush! Don't burn the cookies, don't forget the whipping cream, don't forget to pick something up for your great aunt Sarah who is making a surprise appearance this year, don't forget to finish that project so you can get paid so you can pay the mortgage next month, don't forget to take the time to look at Christmas lights with your kids . . . Enough already!

I wish to be still inside and out - to quiet my body and my fears and anxiety. I wish to be still and know, to be still and create space for the Divine, to be still and feel the energy of millions of souls celebrating all that is love and holiness. I wish to be still so that I can feel the magic of a child who believes in miracles. Be still.

Wishing you all a few moments of stillness during the craziness of the holidays.

Peace and love!

14 comments:

  1. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. May you find the stillness within the chaos. Wishing you the joy and love of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself, Stefanie, I wish for you, also. May you find the stillnes you wish for and thank you for wish it for us also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    Oh oh oh oh yes please..me too!! I feel like you do...I need a bit of stillness also. May you find that bit of peace and stillness!
    The washing machine..hmmmm had not thought of that one..LOL!!
    My 22 year old called me last night all excited..she had made her first Christmas cookies in her own home..I was going to exchange with her wasn't I??? Uhmmm.. no uhmm ok...uhmmm geesh...Mom guilt. Off to bake cookies..Have a wonderful holiday season, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Stefanie wishes for herself, I wish for her also. May you celebrate this wonderful season with many moments of stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~oopsy daisy...sorry for the deleted post above! as Stephanie wishes for moments of stillness inside and out so i wish for her too...may you find many moments of quiet time, to stand still and savor all that surrounds you...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    A blessed Christmas and joyous New Year to you and yours! May you experience that stillness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was at school our motto was "be still and know". I didn't really get it then, I guess it was an impossible wish for a bunch of teenagers. I understand it so much better now though - it's very true when they say education is wasted on the young!
    May your Christmas wishes come true and your cookies not be burnt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    Reading your wish inspired me to take a deep breath and....ah....enjoy a moment of stillness myself. Thank you.

    Have a gorgeous holiday and may your New Year be filled with ease, love and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super-great wish, Stephanie! Stillness!

    As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    Peace and love in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I hope you found some stillness during this busy time. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too....
    Love , Peace, Joy and Blessings....

    ReplyDelete