Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wishing for a Winter Wonderland


It's the most wonderful time of the year, or at least we hope it will be. Somehow we seem to find ourselves overwhelmed with the busyness of the season. We rush around trying to get all the shopping and baking done, trying to make sure we fit in time for all of the in-laws and out-laws in the family, making the rounds to all of the holiday parties, sending Christmas cards to people we haven't seen in ten years and will probably never see again, and don't forget all the Christmas pageants and Christmas concerts. All too often we find ourselves relating a little too much to Ellen Griswold in Christmas Vacation when she states, "It's Christmas, Audrey. We're all in misery."

Today, Wishmistress Jamie Ridler asks us to make a winter wish.

My wish is rather simple. I wish to slow the hell down this winter. I wish to take the time to revel in every moment of this season with my Angelgirl. I wish to spend time honoring the traditions in my family that are important to me, and I wish to create new traditions with my daughter that have nothing to do with the over-commercialization and over-complication of a very simple holiday. I wish to remember and honor a "hooker hugging hippie" who valued love and compassion above all else and to teach my daughter to do the same. I wish to strip away all that holds no importance to me so that I can focus on all that does. I wish to rest in the silence of winter and prepare for rebirth in spring. I wish to avoid the chaos and craziness and revel in the peace of the season. I wish for a winter wonderland filled with the wonder of love and laughter.

How about you? What do you wish for this winter?

12 comments:

  1. Slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....
    *smile*
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! Slowing down is so important. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I love the idea of preparing for rebirth in Spring!

    As my name-sister Stefanie wishes for herself, I wish for her also! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slow the hell down, Indeed! Agree with you totally on this one.

    As Stefanie so rightly wishes for herself, I lovingly and with intention support her in that wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though my house is decorated like the "Griswolds"(lol), I totally get it. Have been spending some special time with my tween angel and it is awesome:)

    As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her in abundance. Here's to slowing down! I just read a affirmation that said "slow down enough to walk beside people." I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also Stefanie.

    Man, I can relate to wanting to embrace the peace of the season, and not the chaos. We're thinking along the same lines...thank youf or supporting my wish too!

    Peace,
    WRO

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
    Oy..I am sooooooo with you here!! So need to sloooow down too!! Here is to your live taking a lower speed!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    May your season be filled with love and laughter and time to enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wish and mine are the same, I hear you sister! As Stefanie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. MAy it be so!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little peace? I'm visiting all of the wishcasters late at night tonight after spending all day in the kitchen baking for my parents and their new business that launches at a local home tour marketplace on Saturday. I think I'm going to crash Sunday! After that I will join you in slowing down, I'll need it!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May you be filled with the wonder found in this holiday season. Slowing down is a great plan! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too.

    Enjoy your family and friends this weekend and during this magical time of year.

    ReplyDelete